Australian Lacrosse Champion, Sue McSolvin, awarded an OAM
Sue McSolvin, Order of Australia Medal for services to lacrosse
Australian Lacrosse Champion, Sue McSolvin, has been awarded an Order of Australia Medal, General Division on Australia Day 2015 for services to Lacrosse.
The Australian Lacrosse Association takes great pleasure in extending congratulations to Sue on this most prestigious award. This is a wonderful recognition of Sue’s contributions to our great sport.
Sue's many achievements in her lacrosse career include:
- Representing Australia at 6 Lacrosse World Cup Events, and being a part of the Australian Women's Lacrosse Team since 1993.
- Player, Victorian Senior Lacrosse Team, since 1988.
- Coach of the Under 17 Girls Team, Caulfield Lacrosse Club, 2007.
- Member of the State League Association Premiership Team, 2001-2003, 2005.
- Goal Keeping Coach for the Australian Women's Under 19 Lacrosse Team, since 2003.
- Player, 1982-1985 Victorian Under 16 Girls State Lacrosse Team, and Coach, 2001, Assistant Coach 1987-1988.
- Certificate of Merit, Australian Lacrosse Association, 2013.
- Life Membership, Caulfield Lacrosse Club, 2013.
- Recipient of The John Wesley Patterson Award, Federation of International Lacrosse (presented to a player who embodies the spirit of the game in the World Cup), 2013.
- Recipient, Coaches Award, Caulfield Lacrosse Club, 1996.