Officiating Women's Lacrosse
Call for officials, 2015 u19 women's world cup
ALA is now seeking expressions of interest for officials at the FIL Women’s U19 World Championships, July 21st - August 1st 2015, Edinburgh, Scotland.
We are seeking nominations for TD and umpiring positions. All submissions are to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org, and copied to the UIC in your State by the end of April 2014. Submissions are to include a resume of your officiating career and any other pertinent information that may help the committee to rank you for the event.
Nominations will be subject to evaluation by the WNTC and then ranked for consideration by FIL by October 2014.
All umpires and TD’s will need to:
- Pass a fitness test
- Pass the appropriate accreditation exam
- Hold a valid Australian passport
- Be able to enter Scotland on that Australian passport
- Be available for travel between July 19th to August 3rd (approx dates)
- Comply with all other FIL and ALA regulations for this event
- Be prepared to pay a budgeted amount of up to $600 towards travel and accommodation expenses, note this is an estimate, as FIL will calculate expense equalisation closer to the event.
- Hold or have attained a National ranking by June 2014
Submissions should be forwarded to Graham Sharpe by the end of April 2014. Any umpires who do not currently hold a National ranking, or need to renew their National ranking should present themselves at the U18 or Senior Championships for accreditation to be eligible for the 2015 U19 Championships.
The ALA is commited to facilitiating the ongoing development of officials. An outline for the pathway of lacrosse officials will be published shortly.
Legal sticks and pockets
All sticks and pockets used in National events (Senior, U18 and U15) MUST be FIL approved. It is also strongly recommended that Member Associations endorse FIL approved sticks only in junior competition U15 and above and all senior competition.
An updated list of FIL women's approved crosses and pockets can be found at: Approved Women's Crosses.